Thousand Islands Environmental Center along with the Northeast Wisconsin Alliance organization, the WDNR and other interested enthusiasts collaborate in January to create opportunities for the public to view the Bald Eagles that make the Fox Valley their wintering home . Visitors — young and old — from near and far will have the opportunity to learn about the history of the Fox River as well as about the abundant wildlife viewing it has to offer.
Click on Schedule for details of the speakers and viewing opportunities provided throughout the month of January. Come, and soar with us!
- January 13 Mid-Winter Eagle Monitoring at designated sites.
- Presentation at Atlas Waterfront Cafe’
- January 20 – 21 Various Eagle Education Programs
- Paper Discovery Center
- Neenah Public Library
- 8AM-9:15 AM Guided Bird Hikes at various locations.
Self-Guided Viewing Locations along the Fox River —
- January 27 Various Eagle Education Programs
- 1000 Islands Environmental Center
- Kaukauna Public Library
Guided Viewing Locations along the Fox River (Kaukana locations only)