Thousand Islands along with Northeast Wisconsin Alliance, the WI DNR, and other interested enthusiasts have collaborated to create opportunities during the month of January for people young and old to enjoy viewing Bald Eagles that make the Fox Valley their wintering home. Visitors from near and far will have opportunity to learn about the history of the Fox River as well as about the abundant wildlife it has to offer. Click on Schedule for details of speakers and viewing opportunities provided throughout the month of January. Come and soar with us!
- January 14 Mid-Winter Eagle Monitoring at designated sites.
- Presentation at Atlas Waterfront Cafe’
- January 21-22 Various Eagle Education Programs
- Paper Discovery Center
- Neenah Public Library
- 8AM Guided Bird Hike at Newberry Trail
Self-Guided Viewing Locations along the Fox River —
- January 28 Various Eagle Education Programs
- 1000 Islands Environmental Center
Guided Viewing Locations along the Fox River (Kaukana locations only)