1000 Islands Environmental Center
EAGLE DAYS at 1000 Islands Environmental Center is an all day event. Join us for the annual celebration of the Bald Eagle on January 26, 2019. Activities will include eagle observations, presentations, hands-on activities and a craft for the kids.
Plan to join us also on January 26, 2019 for an opportunity to see a live Bald Eagle up close. Learn all about eagle biology, ecology, natural history and cultural connections in an engaging and entertaining presentation by a naturalist interpreter from the National Eagle Center in Wabasha, Minnesota. No admission or advance registration is required. Daily programs are scheduled for 10AM, 1PM and 3PM.
Watch our Facebook page and website for more details.
The 1000 Islands Environmental Center is located at 1000 Beaulieu Court in Kaukauna.
Kaukauna Public Library
The Kaukauna Public Library will also be hosting Eagle Day events on January 26, 2019.
- Eagle Day Crafts from 9am to 1pm
- Eagle Day Storytime from 10:30am to 11am
- “Raptor Rehab: The Trials and Tribulations of Protecting American Bald Eagles and other Raptors” from 11:30am to 12:30pm – Wildlife rehabilitators from Wildlife of Wisconsin (WOW) will teach us about some of the common threats to our area raptors, meet. Plan to attend and hear stories about some of WOW’s educational raptors as well as to learn how rehabilitators and even you can protect the magnificent animals yourself.
The Kaukauna Public Library located at 207 Thilmany Road will also be hosting a wide variety of activities that day.
Paper Discovery Center
We’ll also be celebrating Bald Eagles on January 26 at the Paper Discovery Center (PDC).
- Hoo’s Woods Raptor Center will be doing a live raptor show that will include a Golden Eagle, Snowy Owl and a flight demo with an owl.
- Robert Rosenfield, Professor of Biology at UW Stevens Point, will be presenting his research on Cooper’s hawk and bringing his Great Horned Owl.
In addition to the two speakers, we will have information on Bald Eagles, an owl craft and who could forget the guests of honor: The Bald Eagles on the Fox River. Meet some raptors and learn more about Bald Eagles with us.
Tickets purchased in advance by January 25 are $5 for adults, children and seniors. Each ticket is good for general admission to the PDC from
10:00 AM-4:00 PM, as well as seating at ONE of the live animal shows. Limited seats available. No one will be admitted without a ticket.
Tickets can be purchased at Purchase Tickets.
For more information, go PDC website. The PDC is located at 425 W Water St, Appleton, Wisconsin.